Re: "purity" package

Hi,
>>"Oliver" == Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:

Oliver> I don't quite understand why these Americans who are so keen
Oliver> not to be censored are also so keen to stop anyone having the
Oliver> chance to read the bible.  It seems it's OK to publish stuff
Oliver> promoting bestiality, child rape and endless violence, but not
Oliver> to let people pray or to read about how God gave himself up to
Oliver> death for our sake.  Does that make sense? Not to me!

	Are you not being provocative here? Which particular god are
 you talking about? And why are you ignoring all the goddesses
 (that is sheer sexism).

Oliver> Not so. It is of great importance to decide whether or not we
Oliver> are the kind of organisation that publishes things that are
Oliver> grossly offensive.  Most of us would, I think, be
Oliver> uncomfortable with the idea and relieved that Bruce and the
Oliver> maintainer have sorted the problem out.  We certainly need to
Oliver> have someone who is able to say: this won't do.

	In that case, are we publishing the bible?

	manoj

--
 "Occupational regulation has served to limit consumer choice, raise
 consumer costs, increase practitioner income, limit practitioner
 mobility, deprive the poor of adequate service, and restrict job
 opportunities for minorities -- all without a demonstrated
 improvement in quality or safety." ...  "Critics of this hypothesis
 believe to the contrary, however, that regulators' and professional
 groups' self-interest has been and still is the primary motivator of
 regulatory legislation.  And indeed the evidence shows that consumers
 rarely engage in campaigns to license occupations.  If the purpose of
 licensing were to improve the quality of service, one would expect
 consumers, who might be the prime beneficiaries, to promote
 licensure, but licensing is systematically promoted by practitioners
 ..."  The Rule of Experts - Occupational Licensing in America.  By
 S. David Young.  Cato Institute, 1987.  ISBN 0-932790-62-3 (paper).
 99 pages. (Quoted by Tony Harminc <TONY@vm1.mcgill.ca> in comp.risks)