Re: Debian GNU/Linux Logo chosen

Sheesh, what is this? No Public vote? The voting has been going on for
a minimum of a year now, has been well publicised on the lists, and
has produced no clear decision.  This is the kind of decision that the
project leader should be making. I, for one, applaud bruce for his
decision. It's time to get this moving, so that we can be properly
prepared to associate this logo with the 2.0 release.

It is a nice looking logo. Very distinctive, simple, and
recognizable. My one comment: could we have a 4-color GIF as the
'official' color version instead of the jpg? The jpg uses up a full
color map, and doesn't convert well with the netpbm tools, for
essentially 3 colors (red, blue, and white). As for the logo itself, I
like it, and I would like to officially voice my support.

As far as the naysayers are concerned, if you don't like it, you
should be running for project leader yourself. I've noticed there's an
awful lot of peole who want to tell Bruce how to be Project Leader but
no one who seems to want to do it themselves.

-Larry