There is no leadership vaccumm.

Christian,

Your resignation is not accepted. I think you'll understand why from the
rest of this message. I am retaining the position of president
and chairman of SPI by unanimous request of the rest of the board,
and I will make sure there are not leadership problems. We have elected
Ian Jackson, who will be holding the Debian Project Leader position, to the
Vice President position of SPI's board, the other members are Ian Murdock
(founder of Debian), Tim Sailer, and myself.

I think you can see that a council of 3 past and present project leaders
and our treasurer does not represent a leadership vaccumm. We're going to
be watching how the Debian developers operate the Debian project. I think
you guys are smart enough to keep it from devolving into a melee, but if a
melee happens, we will intervene.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens