Re: *My* resignation

Johnie Ingram wrote:

> Tim> Bruce and the SPI board, I hereby tender *my* resignation. I
> Tim> have put my soul into Debian and SPI, even through some personal
> Tim> crisis when it would have been easy to walk away. I will not take
> Tim> the public verbal abuse and suspicion that Bruce has.
>
> I'm afraid I may be the cause for this, and for that I apologize.  It
> is late in my timezone and I may have become impolite on IRC.

No, you are not the cause. Besides, it's even later in my timezone,
and I haven't slept for almost 50 hrs.

> My only goal was to suggest that the SPI articles, bylaws, etc. be
> made clear, as the events of recent days are confusing.  Channel
> #debian is relatively private, so I didn't mean this as public
> suspicion.

As I said on #debian, as soon as our lawyer gets us the *recently*
ammended bylaws, they will be made available.

> Above all no abuse was meant, and no one suspects you of anything --
> quite the opposite.  You have done great work as our treasurer, as DNS

No true. Ever since we started collecting donations, I have been
constantly questioned as to my *personal* use of the money.

> administrator and in the running of servers which mirror sites depend
> on.

DNS and mirrors will continue as long as I'm allowed to do so.

> I ask you to please reconsider your resignation.

I really don't think so. I run a successful business with my family,
and have owned and run some others in my short 36 yr life. I've also
had major involvement in large distributed software projects, some
successful and some not. I've seen a lot of the problems that break
projects, and currently Debian has problems. I refuse to be a contributing
factor.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps