Re: Code freeze

Brian White wrote:
> Ported to libc6 does not mean stable.  This is a major upgrade and it's
> just not ready yet.  The purpose of a code freeze is not to debug the
> system.  The system should be considered in a good and largely-debugged
> state before that time.  The frozen period is for finding additional
> bugs without having new ones introduced.
>
> Some packages just won't compile with libc6.  My "infocom" package is one
> of them.  Since it's based on a traditional unix system, I'd say that
> libc6 is not fully unix-compatible yet.  That is in itself a problem.
I would suspect any program that uses some "unusual" network structures
would be in trouble too.  Certainly all programs that use the ax25.h and
friends includes need some re-work.

A good rule of thumb is if the source #includes something from linux/*.h
and something like socket.h then you could have some trouble.  The problem
is not that the libc6 includes are "bad" (though there have been some bugs)
but they are different. IMHO, the libc6 includes are "better".

  - Craig