Coming Soon: Debian machine at NetCom UK

Hi,

I've finally got a machine plugged in at NetCom UK.

It is there on a slightly informal basis at the moment, and on the
understanding that we won't inflict vast amounts of bandwidth on them,
so I'd say that using it as a resource for developers is probably best
(rather than a web server, or mailing list box).

I'm waiting to get control of my domain name from my ISP, but once that
happens I should be able to set it up for general access next week.

[ N.B. I will be using it for other stuff (e-mail & web serving for my
  business, and some charity stuff) but it is primarily for use by Debian ]

Possible uses:

  Mirroring master (NetCom have a 2Mb/s pipe into Imperial College, so we
  could get Lee to point sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk's debian mirror at this
  machine).  I'd like to use rsync between this new system and master.

  Using it as an alternative upload path for UK/European developers seems
  like a good idea.

  It is currently pure `bo' (apart from a 2.0.32 kernel), so it could be
  used for back-porting unstable stuff to bo.

  Mirroring people's home directories from master might be good too (this would
  allow people to log into this system by simply installing their ssh keys on
  master), but it will need some work to ensure that it doesn't mirror things
  the wrong way and destroy new work.

Any other suggestions or advice on how to set up the above would be
appreciated.

Cheers, Phil.

P.S.  It is a IBM P166+, 64MB, 10.5 GB (UDMA IDE) box,
      so should be OK for compilations etc.