Re: Captain Blue-Eye

> Captain Blue-Eye (also known as "Deb", Simon likes calling it "Captain
> Blue-Eye" and asked for that) should be used to reference the project,
> and should be used on the web site _please_. Ian says he is not going
> to second-guess me on the logo. Simon agreed to sign it over and I'll
> send him the letter for doing that.  I promised him two t-shirts and a
> web page on our site for him to post his notes about the logo.

As this type of thing is quite easy in the Gimp, I'll make a few versions
of the logo for different purposes. b+w and color, with and w/o the
text at the bottom, white and clear background, jpg and png (a subset of
all permutations will be used, I'm not generating 2^n of these). Plus I'll
put the xcf file there. I'd appreciate it if someone generated
a fresh copy at a much higher resolution (better for scaling), on a clear
background (it's easier to add a background than to remove it) and saved it
as a png (this'll keep the edges of the text sharp).

These will go on a page along with the license. Which brings up the next
point: What license is the logo being released under?

- Jay