Debian Penguin Logo Automatic License

OK, I can see that many of the developers want the logo use to be as broad
as possible, and I will establish as broad a license as possible pursuant
with retaining its appropriateness and an escape clause that is fair to
both parties. Here's a prototype:

                 DEBIAN PENGUIN LOGO AUTOMATIC LICENSE

The Debian Penguin Logo is a Trademark of Software in the Public Interest,
Inc. You are granted an automatic license to use the logo on a software or
informational product or a service, and in advertising and promotion of
such products and services, provided that:

1. In the case of a software product, a substantial amount of the product
   must be derived from the Debian Linux Distribution.

2. In the case of an informational product, such as a book or a set of web
   pages, a substantial amount of the content matter must be related to the
   Debian Linux Distribution.

3. In the case of a service, a substantial amount of the practice of the
   service must be related to the use of the Debian Linux Distribution.

4. Your product must not be intended to defame Software in the Public
   Interest or the Debian Linux Distribution.

5. You agree that Software in the Public Interest may withdraw permission
   for you to use the logo under this license at any time, for any reason.
   If permission is withdrawn, you will cease to apply the logo to your
   product and other materials immediately. You may continue to sell your
   pre-existing inventory of a physical medium (like a book or CD, or
   advertising that has already been printed) containing the logo until
   that inventory has been depleted.

6. In the event of a legal dispute between you and Software in the Public
   Interest, you agree to indemnify Software in the Public Interest against
   any legal fees and penalties.

If the rights granted by this license are not appropriate for your
product, you are encouraged to contact Software in the Public Interest
to negociate an individual license.
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html