Re: ldso vulnerability.

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, James A. Treacy wrote:

> > Why was this removed from the security page?
> > This is a very serious hole, since it's a base package. Debian users
> > must be informed about it. I was really surprised that this was'nt
> > reported earlier.
> >
> I think you misunderstood. I haven't gone back and checked, but I don't
> think the English was the authors native tongue. He was trying to say
> that he looked through the security page and didn't find an entry for
> the ldso bug - not that there was an entry and it got removed.

For the first time it was not on the page (to my surprise).
I reported that "17 Dec 1997 12:57:51 +0100 (CET)"
Got a reply from you "17 Dec 1997 12:58:08 -0500 (EST)" that it was fixed.
I checked the page, and it was there at the top of the list.
Then 19 Dec I checked again, and it was removed.
I sent another mail and asked why it was removed.
And now it is back on the page again. Weehaa!

Thanks ;)

Best Regards

Daniel Ryde, System Administrator
Tripnet AB                Visit Address:      Telephone:  +46 31 7252500
Box 5071                  Avagen 42           Facsimile:  +46 31 7252501
S-402 22 GOTEBORG         GOTEBORG            Email:      ryde@tripnet.se
Sweden                    Sweden

PS.
No, english is'nt my native language. It's swedish, but I hope I
made myself clear enough now :)
DS.