Re: Deb the Penguin should *not* be a .jpg.

On Wed, Dec 17, 1997 at 12:11:14PM -0800, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> Line-art looks terrible under JPEG compression, as you can see by
> giving Deb the Penguin a cursory glance at www.debian.org (but I'm
> glad it's up there :)
>
> We should have it in PNG format (Netscape and aiee do support the
> format now) at least -- JPEG compression really makes our lovely clean
> logo look quite fuzzy and mushy. :)

Or GIF - it might not compress quite as well (I don't know), but it will
still compress very well and more things support GIF than PNG. OTOH, there
are patent issues with GIF - maybe use GIF for the web-pages, but provide
both to people wanting to use them.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS