Looking for a reason to not orphan my howto

Well, it's finally been done.  With the 2.06 version of libc6, it is
completely impossible to have both libc5-dev and libc6 coexist on the same
system without forcing the dependancys and fighting with dselect over it.

I'm looking for someone (like the libc6 or libc5 maintainers) to provide
me with a good reason why I shouldn't abandon my upgrade howto.  My
intention in writing it was to provide people running bo a "least upgrade"
method of installing libc6 packages without having to break their current
development environment.  This is no longer possible without telling
people to force libc6 to install, an option I consider unacceptable.
Debian USED to be good at minimal package upgrades, but this doesn't seem
to be the case anymore.  I guess we're going down the RedHat path of
"upgrade everything, we don't care about making it work otherwise."

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/