Intel Crimes and Offences
Intel lobbies for software patents, it colludes with Microsoft, and it is defended by Microsoft lobbyists, Association for Competitive Technology. Intel also fed SCO, attacked OLPC very viciously, "innovated" user-hostile processors, and engaged in many illegal activities that it later hid by destroying or withholding key evidence. Intel was found guilty in Europe and in other continents. Intel usually pays settlement to evade prosecution. This tends to work in the United States.
Below are several more posts of interest.
- Microsoft Accused of Profiteering ($1.5 Billion) from Crime with Intel
- The Collusion/Collaboration Club Strikes Again
- Do Intel and Microsoft Use SpikeSource to Fight GNU/Linux?
- Korea Offers a Glimpse Into Intel's Serious Crimes
- What We Can Learn About Novell from Intel-Microsoft-Dell-Hewlett-Packard Collusions
- Intel, a Promoter of Software Patents, Buys Software Patents
- Intel Assures Monopoly Through Patents
When I see the "Intel Inside" stickers it reminds me of the "smoking kills" labels on some packets.