Waggener Edstrom (or W-E) is Microsoft's main PR agency and also PR department. Steve Ballmer's wife comes from there and the company's early endeavours, as shown in Comes vs Microsoft court exhibits, were tied to W-E. Waggener Edstrom is based near to Microsoft (Washington State) and its questionable PR practices are something we elaborated on before. Below are some posts of relevance.
- Waggener-Edstrom Behind the 2008 Laptop Bribes, Edelman Behind 2006’s
- Edelman and Waggener Edstrom Reported to the FTC
- Microsoft Agents from Waggener Edstrom Airbrush Wikipedia, Glorify Paymaster
- Waggener Edstrom, Maureen O’Gara and Other Microsoft Shills
- Is Microsoft Manufacturing a Case Against Open Source Advocates?
- Reader’s Take: “Botnet King Steps Down”
- FullSIX and Mr. Youth LLC May Be Ruining the Web (AstroTurfing) on Microsoft’s Behalf
- Microsoft Unleashes Proxies at Journalists to Defend Vulnerable Vista
- Shill Watch: A Quick Ramble
- Microsoft ‘Manages’ Journalists and Newspapers Ahead of Windows Vista Release
- Microsoft’s PR Department (Waggener Edstrom) Patents AstroTurfing-related Methods
- Video from Waggener Edstrom Explains Perception Management at Microsoft
- Microsoft’s AstroTurfing, Twitter, Waggener Edstrom, and Jonathan Zuck
- Negative Review of MS Surface Published, Microsoft Contacts Blogger and Has It Removed
- 66 Pages of Microsoft Evilness
- Microsoft is ‘Buying’ Blog Posts That Glorify Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft’s PR Department Waggener Edstrom Dishonestly Handles Damage Control
- Waggener Edstrom and Microsoft’s Government Insider Defend the Company’s Reluctance to Pay Tax
- Firms Behind Microsoft Bribes Involved in Gates Foundation PR, Prodding and Misinforming the Press
- In the Words of the Daughter of Microsoft’s PR Spammer Pam Edstrom
Also see Edelman.