Black Duck was created by a former Microsoft executive and it engages with Free software projects/companies. It is not a Free software firm, it only pretends to be one.
- Black Duck Wants Proprietary Monopoly on Free Software Analysis, SFLC Responds
- Black Duck: Proprietary Software for Proprietary Software
- Patents Roundup: EFF Defends VoIP; Google, Apple, and Black Duck Stifle Progress; Microsoft Joins RPX
- Companies Created by Former Microsoft Employees Rally Around Novell, (Pseud)Open Source
- Do Citrix and Black Duck Help Microsoft Embrace (and Extend) “Open Source”
- Black Duck Uses Scare Tactics Against Free Software, to Market Its Proprietary Software
- Black Duck to Promote Microsoft/Windows-only Code
- Marriages of Inconvenience
- A Black Duck Loses Its Head
- Microsoft Executives Land Inside Microsoft Rivals
- Looking for Violations in Free Software: Fearsome or Awesome?
- Microsoft Hijacks “Open Source” From GNU/Linux Just Like It Hijacked “Standards”
- What is Microsoft Doing Inside the ‘Press’?
- Giving Legitimacy to Microsoft at the Expense of “Open Source”
- Open Source Community Harmed by Acquisition
- Proprietary Software Company With Microsoft Roots Organises ‘Open Source Think Tank’
- Proprietary Leadership Over Free/Libre and Open Source Projects
- Black Duck: Microsoft Windows Only No More
- Former Microsoft Managers Still Monetise Fear of GPL
- Free Software/GPL FUD Arrives From Microsoft Infiltrators
- Trusting Microsoft-friendly Companies When It Comes to GPL Trending (Updated)
- Data From Black Duck Challenged Again