Display alien Dos message function
 display alien Dos message function
Full code and explanation is here.
below are snippets and more context.
 Snippet and context
- if(!Verify_DOS() DisplayAlienDosMessage();
- near DisplayAlienDosMessage(void)
- print(9,TAB,"WARNING: Microsoft QuickPascal has been tested for use");
- print(lO,TAB,"only with the MS-DOS and PC-DOS operating systems.");
- print(12,TAB,"Your use of this product with another operating system");
- print(13,TAB,"may void valuable warranty protection provided by");
- print(14,TAB,"Microsoft on QuickPascal.");
- print(16,TAB,"...Press any key to continue");
 feel uncomfortable using DR-DOS
To: davidcol Subject: RE: message Date: Mon, 10 Feb 92 08:51:10 PST
- what the guy is supposed to do is feel uncomfortable, and when he has bugs, suspect that the problem is dr-dos and then go out and buy ms-dos, or decide not to take the risk for the other machines he has to buy for in the office.
From bradsi; Mon Feb 10 10:50:05 1992 To: steveb Subject: Re: the message Date: Mon, 10 Feb 92 10:50:05 PST
- i am saying that we should either:
- b) put a kind gentle message in setup. like an incompatible tsr message, but not everytime the user starts windows .. the most sensible thing from a development standpoint is to continue to build dependencies on msdos into windows.
 aard: how to explain the encrypted code ..
From: darbyw To: Bradsi Cc: darbyw Subject: FW: DOS Practices Date: Wednedsday, September 01, 1993 8:55 AM
- Thanks,Brad, I don't think this addresses the issue of our encrypting the code .. how do I explain that. I've got everything else programmed in my response.
- .. we do not test on other systems nor can we verify the stability of windows running on anything other than msdos ..
- 'You never sent me a response on what things an app would do that would make it run with MS-DOS and not run with DR-DOS'
- "the approach that ralph and I have discussed is to use a vxd to 'extend' dos by patching it .. We would not patch unknown OSs"