Re: Policy questions ...

> Bugs that are present in the stable version should probably be
> kept open until they have been fixed in the stable version. In
> the worst case, this means the bug should be open until the next
> release, but hopefully not. We might want to improve the bug system
> to list bugs in the stable version separately.

It would also be nice to have a priority system for the bug list. There
are a large number of trivial bugs out there which clutter things up.

One of the things I'm thinking of doing is a "bug-blitz" - try and fix as
many bugs in as many packages as possible. It needs doing and myself and a
few other developers have some spare time right now to do it. I'm not
going to turn this into a great longwinded discussion, because we have far
too many of those already. I would appreciate comments from developers
along the lines of 'Leave xyz alone, I'm fixing it and I'd rather you
didn't stamp all over it' so I avoid treading on as many toes as possible,
but otherwise, any package is fair game... :) There are too many bugs -
when it takes a noticeable time to load up the buglist from a machine on
the same network as the mirror Something Must Be Done.

Jon.