Wrong maintainer listed in BUG-TRAX for kbd ?

Hello folks,

For unknown reasons the maintainership of kbd was changed without
notifing me. I tried to get contact with the listed maintainer
oehansen@halmstad.mail.telia.com ("Orn E. Hansen"), but this is
an invalid mail address.  This guy had contacted me and expressed
his intend and we exchanged a couple of mails, but i never got any
confirmation from him that he actually would take over. That is why
i did release the latest kbd packages.  And now i discover that there
are a couple of bug reports filed which i never saw before because of
this change in the maintainer database.

What is going on here?  We should at least verify with the previous
maintainer of a package before making such changes.

Thanks,
  Dominik
The text above represents my personal opinion and does not represent the
official position of my employer on the issue(s) discussed.
Any official statement made on behalf of my employer by me is marked as
such.