Re: Debian Vision (version 1.0)

'Jim Pick wrote:'

Wonderful list.  Good work!

>5.  Organization (notice that I rank this as #5, not #1)

I agree.  I don't have time to read this list daily and I'm shocked how
some arbitrary issue that no one had even conceived of yesterday
becomes the crux of tomorrow's mass resignations and flames.  Boom.
Like overnight.  These "heavy" decisions need several days, nay weeks
to pan out; and they need still more time to let those developers who
haven't read mail in a few days contribute; plus they need the wisdom
of perspective.

The project is doing MUCH better than this mad rush to reorganize
would lead a newcomer to suspect!

>8.  More "openness" - I don't like the idea of having a "debian-private".  Most
>      users I've spoken to don't like it either.

Much has been written about the cause of our recent skuffles.  But it
could be that this venue for venting is exaggerating the tone of
messages.  I mean we all know that Red Hat reads debian-devel, so we
try to polish our posts over there.  But here, anything and everything
goes :(

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com, cjf@onit.net     |  Design Science Revolutionary