THOUGHT: New 'user-contributed' section?

The following is not a proposal, however I'd appreciate to know what
people think about this:

Any RedHat user is able to submit homemade rpm packages into
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/incoming/ and if the redhat guys like the packages,
they are redistributed in the 'contrib' non-official RedHat distribution.
Could Debian use a similar scheme to allow uploads from non-developers?

Additional thoughts:
* It may encourage upstream authors to provide a dpkg version of their
	software.
* Why not do it since we claim to be an open distribution?
* I know people who'd like to submit packages, but are afraid to become
	an 'official Debian developer' (and have to read ~150 emails/day,
	etc...)
* It doesn't need to be part of the 'official Debian' CD/FTP distribution.
* It does not even need to be located on master.d.o or debian.novare.net.

	I'm not requesting to have this created, just wondering if it
would be a good thing...

So, what do you think?
	[ ] Great!
	[ ] Interesting... Needs more discution.
	[ ] Not sure that's any good.
	[ ] It's the most stupid thing I've ever heard(tm)
	[ ] ZZZZzzzz....

	Cordialement, _(;

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -