Error: wrong address for guerrilla marketing
Hope you don’t mind me introducing myself! I’m from Unruly Media, a viral seeding company in London, and we’re currently running a campaign for Barclaycard, which I think would go down really well on Boycott Novell. It’s a spoof ad, promoting Barclaycard’s competition to see who can create the best spoof of their Waterslide ad, and since you liked the Specsavers spoof, I thought this might be up your street!
You can see the spoof video and find out more about the Waterslide competition here: http://www.youtube.com/barclaycardcreate
We’re also looking for interesting sites and blogs to run the clip on a commercial basis. If you’re interested, we can give you a video player to embed and pay you for every US view of the clip. You can pick up the video and see the commercial terms for running the campaign, here: http://console.unrulymedia.com/publisher/video/signup?apid=798&xname=BoycottNovell
(I’ve pre-approved your application, so once you’ve chosen a username and password you’ll have immediate access to the system and be able to put the campaign up straight away if you choose to).
Our videos are clearly marked as commercially sponsored and we adhere to a strict code of ethics, which you can read here: http://www.unrulymedia.com/ethics-code
If you want to check us out, take a look at www.unrulymedia.com and please drop me a line if you have any questions.
I’ve no idea what the “Specsavers spoof” is (maybe it’s made up), but either way, we at Boycott Novell don’t do that spiel. Au contraire — we strive to expose those type of campaigns which Microsoft too is organising behind the scenes, typically using agencies. For details see:
- LawMedia Group May be Another Confirmed Microsoft AstroTurfing Agency
- The Microsoft Connection with Dewey Square Group and DCI/New Media
- Microsoft ‘Bribes’ Mac Bloggers to Slam Apple, Gartner Hosts Google FUD
- Microsoft, TCS, DCI, Edelman, and Those Fake Letters About IP/SCO/Monopoly
- James Plamondon: Microsoft Guerrilla
- FullSIX and Mr. Youth LLC May Be Ruining the Web (AstroTurfing) on Microsoft’s Behalf
- Microsoft: 800 lb. Guerrilla
- Astroturfing Examples: Learning How Microsoft Tames the Internet
- Waggener Edstrom, Maureen O’Gara and Other Microsoft Shills
- Partial Index: Summary of Bribed Sites, Journalists, and Bloggers (Vista 7)
- Waggener-Edstrom Behind the 2008 Laptop Bribes, Edelman Behind 2006′s
- Manipulation, Astroturfing, and What Governments Can Do
- Beware the OOXML AstroTurfer: “The Wraith”, “multivac1”, “hAl”, Among Other Nyms
- Microsoft May Have Bribed India for OOXML Pressure
- Microsoft Has Been Rigging Votes/Polls for Ages
- Gary M. Stewart (aka “Flatfish”) About Microsoft AstroTurfing: “It’s made me A LOT of money….”
- Former Microsoft Shill Openly Confesses, Alleges Microsoft Still Does This
- Respecting AstroTurfers?
- Some New (But Very Old) Microsoft AstroTurfing Examples
- Joe Barr, Linux.com Editor – My Obituary
- Joe Barr Knew Microsoft’s Tactics All Too Well
- 66 Pages of Microsoft Evilness
- Another AstroTurf Scam Exposed?
- Quick Mention: Sony is AstroTurfing, Just Like Microsoft
- Memo to Novell: Leave YouTube Alone
- Microsoft Blast from the Past: Ads Banned for Spurring Violence
- Is YouTube’s “NovellVideo” a Novell AstroTurfer?
- Microsoft/Munchkin ‘Breaks’ the Web to Break Open Document Standards (Again)
- Rob Enderle Guarantees “Amazing Numbers”, Show E-mails to Microsoft
- Microsoft Agents from Waggener Edstrom Airbrush Wikipedia, Glorify Paymaster
- Microsoft Unleashes Proxies at Journalists to Defend Vulnerable Vista
- Microsoft’s OOXML Viral Marketing Reaches YouTube
“I’m a huge fan of guerrilla marketing.”
–Joe Wilcox, Microsoft Fan