Summary: History repeats itself as Gartner advises against exploration of other platforms
A Gartner analyst, Michael Silver, is in Microsoft’s pocket not because of the things he says but because of who he’s having lunch with and where his vested interests lie. We wrote about him before and provided extensive evidence. It was only months ago that he attacked ODF along with his employer, which is also in Microsoft’s pocket [1, 2]. Microsoft and Bill Gates (at a personal capacity) pay these people’s wages.
Rather than bore with these details which were outlined in dozens of prior posts, we urge readers to explore and judge the evidence independently. But in any event, Gartner is up to old and very familiar tricks right now.
Windows 7 hasn’t even hit the Release Candidate test phase, but already analysts at Gartner are advising business users they shouldn’t plan to wait for Service Pack 1 (SP1) to arrive before planning deployments.
From a March 12 research note by Gartner analyst Michael Silver (a link to which Microsoft is distributing to various press folks)…
We have already seen the Gartner Group agreeing not to bash Vista ahead of its release and Michael Silver taking an “upgrade to Vista or die” attitude — to borrow the words of The Inquirer — about a year ago. Michael Silver is a Microsoft drone with an infallible track record and it is trivial to make this claim based on very substantial findings (c/f links above).
- Where Do Gartner’s and Fortify’s Attacks on Free Software Come From?
- The Best Prize Bribes Can Buy (Gartner)
- Gartner Group Corrupted by Microsoft (Analysts Cartel Part III)
- The Microsoft-Gartner Deal (Analysts Cartel Part I)
- Gartner and Microsoft Negotiate Not Bashing Vista
- Gartner Group is Banned by Boycott Novell
- Larry Dignan, His Loaner Laptop, and Microsoft Shills (Gartner Group)
- IDC, Gartner and Yankee Group’s Latest Press Attack on Customer’s Competitors
- Microsoft ‘Bribes’ Mac Bloggers to Slam Apple, Gartner Hosts Google FUD
- With Obedient Dolls Like Gartner and the BSA, Who Needs Enemies?
- Another Hopeful ‘Prophecy’ From the Gartner Group(‘s Paying Clients)
- Gartner et al Fixing the Price for the Entire Industry?
- How Jim Allchin, Gartner and Enderle Lied to the Whole World
- Analyst Firms, Including IDC and Gartner, Named and Shamed for Serving as Microsoft Mouthpieces