Summary: Microsoft-Yahoo! blocked and Carl Icahn proceeds to other immoral deeds
YAHOO! agreed to be turned into a zombie state of Microsoft after malicious intervention from Carl Icahn, but fortunately enough, the European regulators are among those instituting antitrust barriers [1, 2, 3, 4], so for the time being — based on two separate reports — the Microsoft-Yahoo! deal will not go through.
Yahoo! has told the Securities and Exchange Commission that it needs more time to sort out its search deal with Microsoft.
Yahoo admitted yesterday in an SEC filing, “The Letter Agreement specified that the parties would execute Definitive Agreements by October 27, 2009, but given the complex nature of the transaction, there remain some details to be finalized. The parties are working diligently on finalizing the agreements, have made good progress to date, and have agreed to execute the agreements as expeditiously as possible.”
The proxy fighter behind this has just left and we happen to find him dealing with some other white-collar crimes. As we said at the time when he left, Carl Icahn is also involved in one of the largest robberies of the 21st century, namely that of taxpayers (bankers versus taxpayers). Some days ago we wrote about Microsoft and Goldman Sachs and now we find this in the news:
Carl Icahn, CIT and Goldman Sachs
We have Carl Icahn offering to bail out CIT. We have Goldman Sachs suing Carl Icahn over a an entirely different matter. We have Goldman looking to profit from a CIT collapse. We have Mr. Icahn in a similar position, but in a more stealth kind of way.
We don’t really intend to address the crimes of banks, especially not in this Web site, but we gave many examples of news yesterday. As important as this issue is, it’s just too far off topic. Nonetheless, it is interesting to see the role of Icahn in there. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. █
- Microsoft Fires Up Proxy War Against Yahoo as Debt Looms Over
- King of Hypocrisy(ahoo!)
- Microsoft Fight Against Yahoo Board Gets Uglier
- Microsoft’s Proxy Fight May Have Begun Weeks Ago, Quietly
- Microsoft’s Latest Ugly Tactics Against Google, Yahoo, and VMware
- As Yahoo Proxy War Looms, VMWare and Nokia Return to One’s Mind
- Microsoft Executives Penetrate Corel, Yahoo; Is Novell Next?
- What if Microsoft Owned Yahoo (and the US Government Establishments’ IT)?
- LawMedia Group May be Another Confirmed Microsoft AstroTurfing Agency
- Microsoft Executives Land Inside Microsoft Rivals
- Update on the Microsoft/Yahoo Situation: Google-Yahoo Alliance?
- Microsoft: 800 lb. Guerrilla
- Video: Bloomberg on Yahoo/Google/Microsoft
- Eye on Microsoft: Windows Under Attack from Critics, Cyber Criminals; Yahoo! Besieged by Microsoft
- The Microsoft-Influenced US Regulators Wrong on Yahoo!
- Microsoft Hijacked Yahoo! from the Inside (Updated)
- Newly-Appointed Yahoo Puppet: Let Microsoft Have Us