MS and the secret shopper program ..
- Subject: MS and the secret shopper program ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:44:57 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:507707
FY’98 Planning Directions
FY’98 could potentially see OEM revenue exceed $5B. In order to achieve
this. we will have to execute flawlessly in certain key growth areas and
do extremely well in developing key customer relationships.
Anti-piracy focus for FY'98
* Drive anti-piracy technology development and deployment beginning with
* Drastically reduce counterfeits
* Increase "secret shopper" program to stop HD-loading
* Attack mouse counterfeits worldwide
Forced registration will be an issue Davewr and myself will address with
the product groups to determine when this might happen on a product by
product basis. Anti*counterfeit and anti-illegal hardware loading
activities are solely an OEM field responsibility and these activities
need to be significantly stepped up and taken more seriously in FY’98 by
using more outside help and doing it more systematically around the
world following Johnj’s three phase model.
court documents in the case of Comes v. Microsoft.