Excel strawman redacted ..
- Subject: Excel strawman redacted ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:36:04 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:516238
Excel product Promotion Strawman
May 1, 1990
Lotus in contrast, has been a news machine, recently shipped a host of
new products - 2.2. 3.0 /G /M, 123 Unix, @SQL, SQL Server driver,
especially lets Lotus encroach on our leading technology position to
~~~~~ also offers some advantages over Excel.
In the period until Excel 3 ships, we have no compelling product news to
generate renewed interest in Excel. Win 3 will expand our market
potential, but does not give us any direct product news. Q+E 2.5 will
use some fresh product news to talk about in June, but is a parity
feature with Lotus. Going into the crucial T3 sales period, we are
relying on Win 3 to create demand for Excel as the only Windows spreadsheet.
court documents in the case of Comes v Microsoft.