Microsoft controls IBM's destiny ..
- Subject: Microsoft controls IBM's destiny ..
- From: Doug Mentohl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:33:42 +0100
- Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
- Organization: Datemas.de http://www.datemas.de
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061023 SUSE/2.0-30
- Xref: ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:516237
Operating Systems Direction Issues
The central issue in the operating system directions today is the
apparent divergence of IBM's operating system direction from Microsoft's
direction. This creates a very uncertain application development
environment. It is not clear today wether following IBM's systems
direction is a profitable direction.
Our overall impression is that IBM has nearly completely post control of
the operating systems directions of its systems. Consequently, Microsoft
now is in more control of IBM's destiny than ever.
court documents in the case of Comes v Microsoft.