Machine situation. (don't read unless your bored)

First I want to start this with an apology to the whole debian group for
the problems and headaches I have caused over the past several days. But
you really need to look at this from my point of view on how this was
never discussed with me before it had happened. Mainly due to the work
that Dave and myself have put in over the past several weeks scraping
together a machine in which could do exactly what master.debian.org is
about ready to start doing.

Let me explain the situation a little bit...

What has happened is we created a stir within the department. A couple of my
bosses (which includes david) got a little pissed off when they heard a
new person to debian was building a machine and replacing the "sole"
purpose of this machine here at cmich. The netscape fiasco was being taken
into consideration and we have spent much of the past month building a
secondary  machine to the prime. This machine would sit off from our FDDI
backbone and be routed to our second T1 line. The primary would sit on
our FDDI ring as well but be routed through our Prime T1 line. So we were
essentially doing the EXACT same thing you have accomplised. Other than
our secondary machine would be a P5-100 with 48megs of ram and does
nothing more than serving a few faculty accounts.

Since our faculty have been a bit uptight about how we used 10% of our budget
on an ftp server for the debian group. And then turned their file server
into a secondary for it. The fealing around here was that debian had
turned their back on our help and the need for a contribution from our
department.

I really wish this would have been discussed a bit more before it
happened and this never would have happened in the first place.

Anyway I was told this morning that our two donated machines from micron
computer had shown up but came without drives and they were going to need
to bring the machine down to pull the drives out when I said I would let
them have my 4gig that was in my machine at home if I could keep the
drives that are in this machine. (1000$ right about now would be nice :)

They agreed and now we are back into business.
By the way the ftp server starts to melt WAY after a T1 starts to melt :)
I had 2500 users ftping netscape from me at one point in time :) And I
still had perfect console response..

--
Matthew S. Bailey
107 Emmons Hall

mbailey@cps.cmich.edu

... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,
my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any
resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.
The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them is left as an exercise for the reader.  The question of the
existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god
coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism
is beyond the scope of this article.)