Re: Guidelines docs on ftp.debian.org.

Hi,

	I must be missing something here.  What are the arguments
 against making the revision compulsory?  Any such arguments that I
 could come up with were as arbitrary as the esthetics argument for
 the revision; Surely adding an revision field is not that onerous a
 task?

	IMHO, the added consistency and ease of parsing of the package
 name (no, I don't know yet why I need that, but I'd rather have an
 option) are desirable, and a strong argument to the contrary is
 needed _not_ to require the revision field.

	If the argument is that it ``reduces flexibility'', then my
 answer is that any amount of discipline does that. I just don't get
 it.

	awaiting enlightenment,

		manoj