Help! Where are our ftp sites?

I guess the subject says it all:

I first tried 192.6.120.248 (that is master.debian.org):

Trying to connect to 192.6.120.248...
Error: Could not connect to 192.6.120.248.
Reason: No route to host

Then the name: master.debian.org

Trying to connect to master.debian.org...

< nothing happens >

host master.debian.org gives:

master.debian.org       A       206.139.73.161
master.debian.org       A       192.6.120.248

while host 206.139.73.161 gives

206.139.73.161 does not exist (Authoritative answer)

and host 192.6.120.248 only returns what I already know:

Name: MASTER.DEBIAN.ORG
Address: 192.6.120.248

Trying to access ftp.debian.org also failed (timeout) so I wonder what's
going on. In particular I do need David's ELF kbd version very soon. My own
upload will go to chiark in the meantime, although my link to chiark is
starting to have problems, too. But at least I can connect :-)

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Lehrstuhl fuer angewandte Mathematik insb. Informatik