Re: DRAFT: Debian's relationship with FSF

On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

>Ray Dassen asked for me to release something like this for the web page.
>How does this look?
>[...]
>4. FSF is welcome to participate in Debian as a _peer_ with all other
>   Debian contributors and repackagers. An overriding priority will _not_
>   be placed on FSF requirements.

Is the emphasis implied by the the underscore indications really necessary?

>5. The name of this distribution is currently "Debian Linux". The name
>   may change, but will not contain "GNU" again. The baby GNU logo will
>   be removed from our materials. FSF is welcome to rename their
>   own version of Debian to "Official GNU Linux" or whatever they want.

How about loosing the second sentence and just removing the "baby GNU"
logo?  I don't think saying that it will be removed adds very much,
and it'll add even less if this notice saying that the logo "will be"
removed remains on the web page after the logo is gone.