RE: debian distribution support site woes

Hi Bill Mitchell;  On 17-Apr-96 you wrote:
> > This morning, I'm unable to get ftp session on either
> new-master.debian.org or primer.i-connect.net.

I again apologize to all for this re-occuring problem.  After the last crash,
I re-booted on 1.3.90 which seems better, but alas has essentially the same
eata_dma drivers.  Problem in upgrading these is either a bug in the firmware
or bad documentation.  All this is triggered by a kernel problem where SCSI
events tend to timeout now much more than before.  It could be something in
the interrupt handler, or in the RTC code, as all sleeps are driven by this
code.  We simply do not know.  There are very few people who run Linux under
such loads/configurations.

The logistical problem I have is that I have to try new kernels on
master/primer.  I do that only after the kernl runs for a while on another,
similar host for a while.  The load is different, so what appears good is not
always so.

I guess this is the price of running Linux services on Linux.  We have to be
patient.

A thought.  We have certain cron jobs that run nightly.  I have some nasty
ones running too.  Maybe Ian (I think) can move his scripts.  Mine are
coordinated with UUNet.  Much harder to move.

Just a ``Heads Up'' Folks.

BTW, Did any of you you notice that what appeared to be an all-male club is
now graced with a female contributor!  Welcome Susan!

Sincerely Yours,           (Sent on 04/17/96, 17:02:06 by XF-Mail)

Simon Shapiro              i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
Shimon@i-Connect.Net       13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140 Beaverton OR 97008