Re: What's the current policy for uploading packages?

> 1) Is it mandatory to PGP-sign the announcements or the dchanges file?

Not right now.  As we move to an automated upload system, it will be.

> And this includes things like the format of version numbers, a
> description of mandatory and all optional fields in the control file,
> like the new Architecture: and the new rules to uploading to
> new-master.debian.org using your own account.

Most of this should be in the guidelines.  Look in doc/package-developer
or so on the FTP site.

--
Carl Streeter               |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu       |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert