Re: FSF poll

Hi,
	Personally, if those concessions were made, I would,
 with much regret, have to part company with debian, since I could no
 longer run it, and red hat does give me an option.

	I'm,  ummm, uneasy about the prospect of FSF having a major
 say over system design.  I mean, FSF could have packaged Linux
 themselves, since the kernel is under the GPL, and lots of the
 utilities we use are also GPL'ed. But the debian project did, and
 this seems to be a winning prospect (as long as we can adhere to
 deadlines). Seems like they want to move in and take over ... (this
 might be unkind, but that's how I feel).

	Also, what does FSF co-operation buy us? (apart from name
 branding us, but that name brand also turns a segment of the user
 base off). From what you said they don't intend to fund us, rather
 the opposite, it seems.

	manoj
--
"The medium is the massage."  -- Crazy Nigel %%
Manoj Srivastava               Systems Research Programmer, Project Pilgrim,