Re: FSF negociations

Bruce Perens writes:
> I need a poll on how positive or negative you guys are on these FSF requests:
>
> 1. Install 100% unstripped executables on the hard disk.

No way. Who's going to pay for my disk? :-)

> 2. Install source code on the hard disk whenever the binary package is
>    installed.

No! See 1. I have a 400MB root partition that is full without even
installing all the packages. Where shall I put the sources?

> 3. Make X-Windows, Emacs, and VI standard, not optional, parts of the system.

No. X is not really needed for everyone, Emacs is too big IMO (that's my
opinion, flames to /dev/null) and VI is a horrible editor (once again my
opinion). I think we're fine with ae as standard editor (it's easy and
small). Beyond that everyone is free to install what he/she likes.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
meskes@informatik.rwth-aachen.de |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/