release schedule

> Bruce - when do you want to plan to release 1.1 to the general public?

I am planning to make the public beta test announcement this week (we've
only been beta-testing on debian-user so far). I think I want to do a bit
of work on the in-place upgrade before I do that - I want to make a separate
directory with the kernel, a.out libc, and dpkg that is used for a
pre-upgrade. After doing that we can put the ELF dpkg rather than the a.out
one in the unstable tree, which is necessary for a fresh install to work
correctly. I have to write a script and instructions for that, borrowing
from the "Dale method". I also have to update the "modconf" package and do
another boot-floppies upload. That's a lot of work this week.

Then I will be off email from about the 4th through the 10th.

Once I come back, we should have about two weeks more testing and then we
can make our public 1.1 release.

	Thanks

"Excusing bad programming is a shooting offense, no matter _what_ the