About the draft announcement/name change

Hi,
Maybe this proposal comes a little late, but anyway here it goes:

How about keeping the name of the distribution as Debian but creating a
new concept: that of a "base system" and call our base system "Debase",
for example?

Then the announcement would be something like:

Announcing the new Debian distribution based on the Debase base system.

Then explain that the Debase system ccould be used as a base for any
distribution, and in particular is the base on which Debian is built.
Maybe at some point we should make a clearer distinction between the base
system and the distribution, like for example pointing out that the
contrib and non-free parts are components of Debian but are not part of
Debase. Ditto with the extra packages.

I think that making Debase a base system instead of The Base System is
more apropriate.
Thanks,
	Fernando.