Re: About the draft announcement/name change

Fernando wrote:
> How about keeping the name of the distribution as Debian but creating a
> new concept: that of a "base system" and call our base system "Debase",
> for example?

de.base
(di-'b{a-}s)
1) vt, to lower in status, esteem, quality, or character
2) vt, to reduce the intrinsic value of by increasing the base-metal
   content
   b) vt, to reduce the exchange value of
 -- de.base.ment, n
(-'b{a-}-sm*nt)
 -- de.bas.er, n
(-'b{a-}-s*r)
Synonyms: i[syn] VITIATE, DEPRAVE, CORRUPT,
   DEBAUCH], PERVERT: DEBASE implies a loss of position,
   worth, value, or dignity; VITIATE implies a destruction of
   purity, validity, or effectiveness by allowing entrance of a fault or
   defect; DEPRAVE implies moral deterioration by evil thoughts or
   influences; CORRUPT implies loss of soundness, purity, or
   integrity; DEBAUCH implies a debasing through sensual
   indulgence; PERVERT implies a twisting or distorting from what
   is natural or normal
syn. see abase;