Re: newsgroup creation RFD - draft

From: "Susan G. Kleinmann" <sgk@sgk.tiac.net>
> I think at some point that some Debian communications will have to get
> beyond mailing lists.

One good reason for having a newsgroup is the added _visibility_ it gives
Debian. I think we need some publicity.

Discussion so far leads me to think that people don't want the split
of nontechnical and technical discussion. I still think it might be good
to have an "install" group.

I hope that we can keep the spam down with auto-moderation (filtering
for phone numbers and addresses associated with spam) and perhaps an
autocanceller for anything that bypasses the moderator. There are also
some users I'd like to put on manual moderation (hold their articles until
someone can look at them). Only one or two.

> I'm not sure we're there yet, but I'd have to agree
> that the volume of mail is somewhat intrusive (she said with guilt).

Your postings are very much appreciated. I wish all of them were that good.
Please keep them up.

	Thanks

	Bruce