Which libc should we use in the future?

Ok guys 'n gals, there it is: H.J Lu has just officially released libc 5.4.7.
We are still using 5.2.18 (or glibc for the alpha).

So here is the "$50,000-Question": shall we upgrade to HJ Lu's libc 5.4.7
to stay up-to-date or shall we jump ahead of the pack and use glibc (=libc6)
providing only run-time compatibility as for libc4.

I think we should decide now what to do, so that we can start the recompilation
as soon as the next release is out.  It would also be good to announce the
decision with the next release.

Comments?

Dominik