Re: RedHat control panel?

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Craig Sanders wrote:

> > > yes, web based config tools are much better - they can be used in X
> > > (with netscape or mosaic or chimera etc) and in text mode with lynx
> > > (as long as the HTML is written so that it looks good in text mode)

Wow! Guys this is a VERY interesting discussion, but my original intent
had been to find a general purpose, text based, system integration tool
that could be used to configure a base+.tgz [1] system. I'm looking for a
much more minimalist interface, but one that anyone can recognize and use.
The only real choice I have at the moment is Dialog. Bruce, you have used
this to build installation scripts with, haven't you? Is this tool
adequate to the task? I have been fittfully looking for several months for
a reasonable C++ TUI, but haven't yet found one.

[1] This is the base system, plus netstd, netbase, ppp, joe, vi, perl,....
built like the current base system. You untar the file on the target
partition, configure it, and boot up with a bare bones system with enough
beef to continue the installation in any method desired.

Luck,

Dwarf