Re: Draft: Security Alert Announce#1 Debian/GNU Linux#

ecki@lina.inka.de (Bernd Eckenfels) writes:

> PS: I'm will inform linux security if we dont manage to get this Security
> Alert out. I dont want to be responsible for the Damage Debian Users can get
> from not knowing about that. The new Version of Zircon is uploaded and the
> lprng is available... Please build 1.3.14.. anybody who knows about lpr(ng)
> shpuld write a small readme for migrating from lpr to lprng, and then PLEASE
> announce the whole in our distribution.

I will build 1.1.14 tonight (in about 6-9 hours).  I've been busy
lately.

It's fine to recommend going to lprng, but what is our situation with
regards to lpr?  I remember some discussion a while on debian-devel;
is it our official policy to not support lpr?  Otherwise, we should
release a bug-fixed version lpr in 1.3.14 also.

Guy