Re: XFree86 3.2 is out, should we delay the release of Debian 1.2

Dominik Kubla <kubla@netz.klinik.uni-mainz.de> writes:
> Guys 'n Gals, XFree86 is officially out. The new features are:
> [...]
> I think that these changes are of such magnitude, that a delay to include
> XFree86 3.2 into Debian 1.2 might be at least considerable.

As someone who's been using beta servers for months, I, too, think
delaying would be nice.

However, I think we must also make sure that the package will get done
forthwith before making that decision.

Of course, there is the additional ramification that all X-based
packages _should_ get recompiled (though this is not a requirement),
which might suggest that 3.2 should be something for 1.3, which we
would endeavour to get out the door soonest.

Mike.