Re: XFree86 3.2 is out, should we delay the release of Debian 1.2

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> Michael Alan Dorman:
> > As someone who's been using beta servers for months, I, too, think
> > delaying would be nice.
>
> Personally, I'd prefer to get 1.2 out ASAP, and then get 1.3 out quickly
> as well.
I second that. There are lots of people out there waiting for the new
release and I don't see any good reasons for delaying the release. (There
will be new versions of other significant programs coming out in the next
months and we won't get a single release finished if we wait for
everything.)

I think we should change the policy of releasing new versions. We should
release "stable" versions more often (how about 6 weeks) with tested
packages (say being uploaded for 3 weeks). Then we would propably also get
more feedback from non-developer people.

Just my 2 cents,

Chris
--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@debian.org,