Re: FTP reorganisation (was: Re: stability of non-free?)

Dominik Kubla:
>       +--- debian-current

"current" is the wrong name. Even some BSD people realize this,
even though it's too late for them to fix it. "unstable" is a
fine name.

> The "debian-current" directory should be restricted to the development team,

Absolutely not. A 100+ developers is nowhere near enough
testers. Especially since lots of us don't upgrade all the time.

I don't have much opinion on your other suggestions. I'm happy with
the current setup, but I recognize that contrib and non-free should
probably have stable and unstable (and frozen) parts.

Also, remember that the ftp site is now _huge_. We must be _very_
careful about moving files. There were problems when 1.1 was
released, and we moved 300 MB. It's now much bigger. (I have
no idea how big, but it's seriously unsmall.)