Re: let's dump Qt

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Bruce Perens:
> I think it's time to remove Qt and Qt-derived applications from the
> distributon. By distributing it, we only encourage authors to create
> restrictive licenses.

Instead of dumping it completely, I'd prefer to put it in non-free.
Contrib seems to raise people's expectations.

I've browsed quickly through the V manual, and it seems pretty
nice. I wasn't impressed by the fact that a trivial program uses
1.5 MB of memory when run, but I assume most of it came from X.

If V is actually as easy to use as Wampler claims it to be,
I'll write some simple program for it. I've long been meaning
to write an X interface to PGP, for example. If we can get
some real applications using V into the distribution, it should
be simpler to convince people to abandon Qt.  Don't hold your
breath, though.