Re: 1. RFD: Reorganization of the Debian Project

Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> I think I've exhausted myself with this iteration of this
> discussion.  I assume I've not been unclear about my point
> of view.

Thank you for this reply. It was surely me that was unclear so, I
apologize for that, I'll briefly clarify one thing and I hope that you
will be so kind to read.

> If the consensus is that releases are a bad idea, then so be it.

Releases are a Good Thing for me (in fact I wish to have more :-), what
scares me is the organization.
I agree with your other postings on what kind of organization _must_ be
set up to handle releases, but you should admit that the same
organization is _not_ required to develop Debian, and that we (oops,
you, as I am the last arrived, the least important one) have made a
really good work with this (dis)organization.

What I am asking is to keep those things __separated__ .
There's no need to clothe the Debian's Development in such a tight
dress.
Releasing CDs is a commercial action. I have nothing against it, but,
_please_, don't mix.
Leave the Debian's Development as it is and create a _separate_ company
to do all the commerce _we_ will (this means that I can even volunteer
in it if you let me).

> I don't wish to play Don Quixote.

There are no windmills around here (although this house is called
Myllynkallio :-)

Thank you for reading,
Fabrizio
| e-mail: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@debian.org         |
| http://megabaud.fi/~fpolacco/   Join the UKI Linux Project! |
| fingerprint 70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63 7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@master.debian.org  |