Releases...

Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@megabaud.fi> writes:
> What I am asking is to keep those things __separated__.
> There's no need to clothe the Debian's Development in such a tight
> dress.

Under the proper circumstances, though, tight dresses are a fine
thing.

> Leave the Debian's Development as it is and create a _separate_
> company to do all the commerce _we_ will (this means that I can even
> volunteer in it if you let me).

This is not, IMHO, an idea without merit, though I'm not sure that
commerce should necessarily be the dividing line.

Maybe we need to have a small group within Debian that is dedicated to
release management and testing (people who have test machines, and
that sort of thing)---the majority of Debian developers continue doing
things they way they have been, while the Q&A group (since that's
really what they would be) are the ones who worry with making sure
that everything cooperates.

Or is this moving too far towards fragmentation?

Mike.