Re: 1. RFD: Reorganization of the Debian Project

> I've used X on an HP, Sun, and Linux.  They're all basically the
> same.  I sincerely doubt that X3.2 will be a noticeable change from
> any of the previous versions I've used.

If you would use a non-US keyboard, then you would notice.  With the
XKB extension included you need to define your keyboard in XF86Config,
because the server will no longer read the kernel keytable (unless you
disable XKBD).  You will also need to have the correct keyboard
definitions included:  bug-reports to follow.

In addition PEX and XIE are no longer included into the servers, so
you will have to setup a "Module" section in XF86config to load these
extensions. Same goes for Xinput modules.

And the Debian X11R6.1 release use a non-standard PROJECTROOT: it
should be /usr/X11R6.1 not /usr/X11R6! And the dependency problem
still is unresolved.

All in all there are a lot of not properly addressed changes in the
actual debian x11 and when you follow debian-user you will see that
this really causes trouble.

I´d say we just ruined our credibility completely.
  Dominik Kubla
The text above represents my personal opinion and does not represent the
official position of my employer on the issue(s) discussed.
Any official statement made on behalf of my employer by me is marked as such.

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.