Re: 1. RFD: Reorganization of the Debian Project

> Actually, releasing a Linux product without the latest major version
> of any highly-visible software component (the biggest two are XFree86
> and the Linux kernel) would be a disastrous business decision.
> Security issues would only reinforce that tendency.
>
> I respectfully disagree.  Most people, especially long-time Linux
> developers who would presumably be on such a board, involved in the
> discussion leaned towards using XFree86 3.2.

Keyword: "developers"

User's don't care much as long as the system works.  Even as a developer,
I haven't upgraded my kernel from 2.0.22 (and previously 2.0.16).  Why?
It works fine as it is.

I've used X on an HP, Sun, and Linux.  They're all basically the same.
I sincerely doubt that X3.2 will be a noticeable change from any of
the previous versions I've used.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )