Re: About organization (long)

>         * Nudge (Brian?)
>
>                 Makes decisions about the specific goals of each
>                 release. Keeps track of what still needs to be done,
>                 and who is doing it.

Sorry, but no.  Taking this kind of responsibility without any
authority to deal with the problems that will arise would just
be an exercise in frustration.

There should be no more than 1 person setting policy and that should
be the project leader.  Any person who is given the responsibility to
enforce certain aspects of that policy _must_ also be given the
authority to make decisions, _always_ with the public support of the
project leader.  Private commentaries from the project leader such
as "I think this would have been better handled as..." are okay and
should be respected in future decisions by the person in charge.

If the project leader cannot give such authority then he/she should
manage that aspect of the project by himself/herself.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )