Re: 1. RFD: Reorganization of the Debian Project

> From: Bruce
>> Bullshit.

> Now, you know I don't usually curse that way. Sorry. I'm just so
> darned fed up with these network problems, and with master's disk
> being unmounted overnight, and with the fact that we haven't been
> able to touch the system much all week.

No insult taken.  But Bruce, you may not realize this, but me as a
german Linux user, i hear a lot of complaints about problems you will
never face, like:

- nvi not handling the ISO Latin-1 charset.
- X11 keyboards no longer having the correct keytable after upgrades
- programs like dialog expecting certain (mostly IBM) fonts
- emacs not recognizing TERM=linux to be 8bit-clean by default

and so on.  More or less problems not likely to affect US developers.
The complaints will often show up in the german or our local news
hierarchy, not the Debian lists.  So if i tell you that this change
has given us a `bad press´, you should better believe it.  But you are
right that we have not ruined our credability, at least not yet!

Dominik